Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Red Jetta

This last week has been full of a mission. Just one goal consuming all of my attention: I needed a new car. I have been driving a 1992 Lexus SC400 for almost three years now. It has been a very reliable little car up until a few months ago when it started costing a few hundred dollars a month just to keep it running. Then last month it was a $700 bill for a tune-up and a starter and this month totaled a little less than $600. In addition to that, I had heard from a few reliable sources that my transmission was nearing the end of its days. Well no wonder, the car had over 176,000 miles on it!

Thus, I came to the decision that I must get a new car. I researched used cars and gas mileage and types and brands and insurance ratings and financing and all of the mess that is involved in making a decision about a new car. After five whole days of dealers and car lots and phone calls and research I found myself at the Volkswagen dealership of Pasadena. And I found the one. A 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE with 13 miles on it, great gas mileage, good insurance ratings, and a really affordable monthly payment for a 3-year lease! Three days and 12 hours in the dealership later, she is mine and her name is Vicki.

So now I would like to introduce her to you! A 5-cylender engine, bright red exterior (obviously), black leatherette interior, satellite radio, blue tooth, “butt warmers”, lots of trunk space and just the cutest little fit for me you ever could find! I could not be more pleased and have been loving every second of driving her around. I also am officially a car-lease expert, thanks to the head of my marketing department who took it upon himself personally to oversee the “help poor little inexperienced Melissa not get duped” process. So call me if you want to lease a car!

1 comment: