Monday, September 5, 2011

Hustle & Bustle

How is it already Labor Day? The month of August flew by with multiple work trips to San Francisco, San Diego, Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas. It was a challenge to keep rested and encouraged when are working almost 60 hours a week among strangers and my boss but I made it through safely. Although it is a lot of work to be go-go-going for such a continuous amount of time there were a few little treasures to pick up along the way.

A cafĂ© bookshop in the Atlanta airport. Why haven’t I found one of these before? Specialty coffee with the walls lined in books and the purr of the jets on the runways just outside the windows made as pleasant a setting I could have imagined while waiting for my flight for 5 hours.

The World of Coca-Cola. History, soda, and lots of creative fun. Be sure to notice the sweet new tank top! "Have a coke and a smile."

Wandering the streets of Vegas at night.

Attending a Broadway show alone. The Lion King was particularly phenomenal with outstanding costumes and props, some of the most powerful performers I've ever heard or seen and a moving story.

Even with all of the little treasures though, it is a wonderful thing to come home. I may be a creature of unusual affections but I miss all of the little things while I'm gone. My bed, my clothes, my bathroom, my car and the people I love! But now that I am back in the comfort of my own home for a couple of weeks I can enjoy all of those things fully and need to catch up on laundry, go grocery shopping and continue my quest for a new dresser in my room. Hooray for being home!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, you have been busy. The cafe sounds cool. I wonder if someone can blog from there while sitting for 5 hours (sorry, one last little jab). It is so fun to think of you life being so full and rewarding. You go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete