Tuesday, December 20, 2011

30 Things I (Already) Miss About Biola


6 months later and finals are over and...I STILL HAVE BE IN THE OFFICE AT 8!? Doesn't the working community believe in winter break? It's making me miss college and Biola and things like...
  1. Random mornings to sleep in.
  2. All-night study sessions surrounded by friends, food, and music.
  3. Attending classes in...anything comfortable. Sweats, flip-flops, baseball cap, etc. 
  4. Chapel.
  5. Sitting for hours with my laptop in my favorite coffee shop. 
  6. Spontaneous Chick-fil-A or In-N-Out runs. 
  7. Familiar faces in the hallway. 
  8. Professors.
  9. Projects and papers covering a wide variety of topics and requirements. Not just one field of study.
  10. RockBand as a study break.  
  11. Donuts by the bell tower. (Thanks OCC) 
  12. A tangible end goal. 
  13. A schedule that changes every 4 months.
  14. Stimulating discussions in and out of the classroom. 
  15. Dorm parties and floor events.
  16. Reading by the fountain.  
  17. Reading in the hallway between classes. 
  18. Trying to read in the quietest dorm lobby you can find. 
  19. Reading all night in the SUB. (Yes, I did a lot of reading. Thanks Torrey!) 
  20. Panera. 
  21. Music in the Hope bathroom. 
  22. Attending Grace EV Free on Sunday mornings. 
  23. The archery range.
  24. Nation Ball.
  25. The Christmas Tree Lighting.
  26. The good ol' fashioned late-to-class-but-rushing-to-the-caf-to-make-a-sandwich routine.
  27. Beach trips at 2am. 
  28. Notes from your neighbor on your white board. 
  29. My beta fish. (May he forever RIP) 
  30. The community. 
And just for fun, 2 things I do NOT miss and shall NEVER miss...
  1. Fire alarms at all hours of the night.
  2. Parking. 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I'm not gunna lie, having memories brought back of the college years makes me a bit sad. Although I didn't get to experience an awesome university like Biola, I still miss a lot of the things you've mention - a tangible end, studying at coffee shops and the way that school challenges you in new ways. I also miss the 1 year I had in La Mirada, where I actually got to be part of the community there, and experience the Christian classroom atmosphere when I started my MA. Kurt's definitely missing Biola, he often alludes to moving back to SoCal.

    ReplyDelete