Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Wishes

Thanksgiving has come and gone and now Christmas is just around the corner! And of course in the spirit of things, I am compiling a Christmas wish list and listening to Christmas music while burning my favorite holiday candle.

1. Bedding

I have a lovely room with lovely furniture and lovely walls and VERY generic bedding. I have had my eyes on this Rosette Quilt from Anthropologie for about a year now. First I wanted the purple one, then I painted my bedroom walls the same purple, so then I was thinking the lovely green for a very bold statement and now am leaning towards a simplistic ivory. Sweet, subtle and oh so comfortable. 


If not the above quilt then I just got a new down comforter which I've been using without a cover. I was thinking the Hadley Ruched Duvet Cover form Pottery Barn would be lovely as well. 
(It also happens to be the more economical choice.)


2. Fashion

If you were to ever ask me what time it was, I would pull out my white iPhone 4 and never consult the watch on my wrist. Regardless, I love watches and this Runway Watch from Michael Kors is definitely on the lusting-after list. 

The following item is neither economical or realistic. But someday...this little beauty of a Burberry Wallet shall be mine. 


Smelling lovely and looking lovely really must always go hand in hand. And a gal needs a little help. I really love this scent called LOLA by Marc Jacobs since my current smelly stuff (Brit by Burberry) is almost gone!


3. Functional 

Now for something useful. Since I started my post-graduation job I have been on more trips than I could even count! I currently have one medium-sized suitcase (a lovely gift from Uncle Roger and Aunt Debbie at my high school graduation) but it has already traveled the world with me and well, sometimes I need something bigger. Or just a carry-on. Not sure I need a 5-piece set but I love Samsonite and their 5-piece-nested-set is currently on sale at Luggage.com! 

I need a laundry hamper but just have not been able to bring myself to buy one! I stumble across ones I'd love to put in my bathroom at Cost Plus or Home Goods from time to time but they're always a little more than I feel I can justify on a hamper...obviously none as much as this Havana Divided Hamper from Pottery Barn but this is the style/look I'd be going for. 


*     *     *

What is on your list this Christmas? And I'm thinking this should probably be sent home to Dad...

5 comments:

  1. i'll have what she's having. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You loose your ID, you attend a T-Day dinner with a cast of thousands and are surrounded by the beauty of Sonoma County, and all we get is "Thanksgiving has come and gone"????
    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just get the wallet! Then you can feel awesome when you pull out a credit card from it to pay for the other items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nichole - Good choice! Let me know how it all works out :)

    Uncle Dale - You do realize that after Thanksgiving I got home at 3am Monday morning, worked all day then flew to Texas for the remainder of the week, right? PATIENCE! ;)

    Reyn - I like the way you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new layout Mel! :-)

    The hamper is awesome & I love duvet cover.

    A sewing machine is really what I'd love for Christmas, but I know I probably shouldn't/won't get one because it'd be hard to then take back to US.

    ReplyDelete