Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Highlights

This post goes out to my dear Uncle Dale, who faithfully reads my blog to keep up with me and my life and graciously hosted our family's Thanksgiving this year with his lovely wife. Love you both!

This year my Grandma, cousin Carrie and I escaped the hustle and bustle of the holidays the day before Thanksgiving and spent a whole evening wine tasting in Healdsburg.
It was an evening full of delicious wines, yummy food and a lot of laughs.
I particularly fell in love with the Risque from Toad Hallow wines!
Their tasting room is free and I highly recommend it.
Thanksgiving was spent at Uncle Dale and Aunt Dawn's.
Growing up I spent a lot of time at this house playing with my cousins and always love visiting.
Plus, it's absolutely beautiful this time of year!
As usual, the food was exceptional! As was the wine.
And this, is Uncle Dale. Look out, he's got a weapon!
Ryan knows how to do post-dinner-comas perfectly....see? 
We are a football family (Go Niners!) so of course when the ball gets stuck on the roof what do you do?
Send the kid up of course! Morgan saved the day.
The Kevin Maudlin Family
Please believe me when I say I used to be the tallest....
Grandma showed me around some of her favorite places in Windsor by her new office and we enjoyed a lovely lunch together the day after Thanksgiving. Also found my twin Snoopy. 
After lunch with Grandma I borrowed Grandpa's old car and drove a couple hours north to see my mom's sister and her family. Unfortunately I had just missed out on slaughtering some sheep and hanging out at the gun range...dang.
Since I moved to Southern California to attend Biola when I was 18, my dad has faithfully maintained a tradition of getting our tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving so I can be home to pick it out and decorate!
This was an "unflocked" year (mom's favorite) and we are quite pleased with the finished product.  
Sunday drives through Napa Valley are my favorite. What a blessing to live in such a beautiful place! 
Mom and I were able to spend an unexpected but lovely day in St. Helena wine tasting and getting massages because my ride was running behind!
Finally getting on the road around 7pm and can I just point out that that is a TWO door car with 2 boys, one girl, three sets of luggage,  one snowboard, one bike, one longboard, and multiple bottles of wine crammed into it? Such fun. 
But how could you not enjoy a road trip with these two!? I think I finally got back to my house around 3am and was up and at the office on time the next morning! I love the holidays.

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving surrounded by friends and family too!

2 comments:

  1. haha loved it... our car pic was pretty cool too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although you may have once been the tallest kid in your family, to me, you will always be the oldest!(Stick that in your pipe Hemmingway!)
    Can't wait to see you at the party, and remember to trade wisely or you may end up with the coal.
    Dale

    ReplyDelete