Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sweet Stuff

I am halfway through my first full-time work week! HOORAY! So far it has been wonderful, busy, interesting, exciting, and overwhelming almost simultaneously. Today was particularly enjoyable but I would contribute that largely to the slice of leftover cheesecake I enjoyed this afternoon on a break. Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. Or something delicious like that. Then to top it off I concluded the evening by enjoying some peach "dump" cake my girlfriend Ashley and I made! Yeah, that run this afternoon is officially nullified.

Don't judge me, you know you want to share in the sweetness! Here I'll make it easy for you...

PEACH DUMP CAKE
1 box Pillsbury yellow cake
1 lg. can (or 2 16 oz. cans) sliced peaches & juice
1 stick thinly sliced butter
9 x 12 inch baking pan
Pour in peaches and juice. (we then added cinnamon and brown sugar over the peaches. I would highly recommend this sweet addition) Sprinkle cake mix over top to cover entirely. Evenly lay sliced butter over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, serve warm in bowls with either scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

And on a healthier note, I found a great looking smoothie recipe today from Mr. Dan Cathy, the CEO of Chic-Fil-A. If you have a chance to make one before me, tell me how it is!

DAN CATHY'S 32oz SMOOTHIE
6oz Pineapple Juice
1 Cup Blueberries
1 Cup Sliced Strawberries
2 Cups red grapes
1 Banana
1/3 Cup Honey
Blend well and enjoy!

But it is too late to be thinking about food. I would like to fall asleep and think about how blessed I am to have girls like Ashley in my life where we can be talking about shopping one minute, and predestination the next. Of all things, right?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds yummy, pretty sure I'm going to naw be making that with in a day or two! It was so great to see you this past weekend and to fianlly meet Andrew. You guys are adorable together! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete