Sunday, June 19, 2011

St. Louis

Last night I flew right past a thunder storm. Watching the entire horizon be lit up by monstrous flashes and fierce looking bolts. The flashing lights on the tips of the wings illuminated big rain drops and the ride got a little bumpy…I must truly be my father’s daughter because it was absolutely incredible.

So far St. Louis has been a little humid, very warm, and lots of fun.

And going back to incredible things, I got to do two incredibly notable things today:

1. See the Gateway Arch!
It was absolutely wonderful to finally see one of those landmarks that marks your country as being driven, tough, and successful. I am finding myself becoming more and more like my mom, in wanting to read every plaque and sign in every museum I enter.

2. Catch up with my very dearest friend Chelsea.
Going from seeing her every day to not for almost a month is really tough! I will have to stop being a baby about having to get up early for work so we can re-kindle our Monday-night-bachelorette tradition. Always perfected by cheesy potatoes or pumpkin bread from her mom. I'll get a complete fix this weekend though when Andrew and I go with Chelsea and a bunch of friends to her dad's condos in Palm Springs.

The adventures never end!

1 comment:

  1. isn't it amazing how we try and try not to end up like our parents... then one day we wake up and we have actually totally turned into them.

    ReplyDelete