Sunday, July 17, 2011

Date Night

1,000 miles of travel, and four and a half days away is not all that big of a deal but no matter how long the journey – getting home always evokes a big sigh of relief. This time around it included a squeal of joy as well.

Why? Well first you need a little bit of background information on my love life. Andrew and I met at the end of our freshman year of college and were almost immediately completely (totally, head-over-heels) into each other. Before we actually started dating Andrew would chew “5” gum and doodle on the back of the wrappers. Song lyrics or notes or pictures covered endless numbers of wrappers and (of course) I saved all of them. So tonight, I got home to find a gum wrapper waiting for me with a message asking for a date on Friday night!


The note was absolutely adorable, of course I said yes, and now I just have to decide to give him the mug I got him tonight or on our date on Friday! He loves black and bold coffee so I really just couldn’t resist.


And just to avoid accusations, I would like to state that I do NOT purchase everything that I am tempted to. For example, the most perfect kitchen towel containing an explanation for my entire life.


So goodnight world, hello workweek, and date night…hurry up and get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment