Sunday, July 10, 2011

Party Animal

Not that I am a party animal, but I now fully believe I can handle anything any party has to throw at me. At least form the "hosting" perspective. Andrew and I threw his best friend Ben a party last night for his 22nd birthday. We have all been looking forward to it for quite sometime but little did I know it would take over my whole weekend.

Saturday began with cleaning and organizing and the moving of all of my stuff into the garage (instead of the middle of their living room). Then we spent about 4 hours of the afternoon grocery shopping at Target, Vons, and Dots Cupcakes to pick up all of the essentials: Ice, drinks, ping pong balls, frozen finger foods, chips, and of course a Starbucks latte. Now this is not a type of party I am used to throwing (I tend towards the wine and cheese evenings full of social conversation and candles). Thus you can understand my need to clean everything and make the house fully presentable, much to Andrew's dismay. Now we did come to a nice compromise and we were ready on time and did not run out of food or drinks or fun until the ungodly hour of 3:30am.

Now comes the fun part. The whole house woke up at noon the next day. The guests peaced out and Andrew and Ben headed off for a day at the Apple store in Pasadena where they both work. That just leaves me. Me and more empty bottles and beer cans than I have ever seen in my entire life. Of course I handled it like a champ and a mere 4 hours later was showered and dressed for an evening to myself. Needless to say, they owe me one.

So after all is said and done I will keep two things in mind:

1. Never clean the whole house for a night that involves beer pong.
2. NEVER be the last and only one left in the house.

(I am also left wondering how my mom has managed to not go crazy with so many birthday parties to throw every year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment