Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011. 2012. And beyond.

This last year was not what I expected. But when does life ever hand you what you expect? What's that clique saying? When life hands you lemons, make lemonade? Well that's what happened and that is exactly what I did. 

2011 was full. It was full of great loss and heartbreak. It was full of immense joys along with pure bliss. As Plato teaches us (over, and over, and over, and over...) you cannot have pleasure without pain and last year was an extreme of each. 

I wouldn't have it any other way.

There are a lot of things I want to change. There are a lot of things I want to accomplish. But for right now, in this moment, in this place, all I want is to do my absolute best. No lists, no plans, no change-my-lifestyle-now routines. Just me, working really hard to become a better person and do the best I can at everything I can. 

2011.Graduation. new friends. LOVE LOST. CAREER. overworking. BLISS. Dreams realized. HOPE. failure. Great sorrow. Changes. p e r s e v e r a n c e. 2012. ANTICIPATION. no expectations. JOY. Shock.excitement for the unknown.  Determination.



4 comments:

  1. Love you Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really sad I got so sick and didn't get to see you. I think we still need to have our party, so save your present till the spring!
    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plato was the best source for that lesson?
    Dingman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mal, you really should come stay with me sometime!

    Uncle Dale, I am so sorry you got sick too! You all should just come down here and I'll throw a party at my house!

    Kyle, after 100's of hours of discussing the repeated theme...yes. Feel free to send other sources though!

    ReplyDelete