Thursday, January 19, 2012

Coffee Shop Favorites

The other day my old roommate Mallorey recounted her adventures of coffee shops. Favorites, habits, old and new. She got me thinking about my coffee haunts and as I attempted to answer her question about what my favorite coffee shop is...well it turned into a novel and now it's a post.

So Mal, this is in answer to your question.
I really have a number of favorite coffee shops but you can categorize them by city so we'll start with the ol' home town favorite.

*Disclaimer: I still love Starbucks. I go to Starbucks most frequently. But, let's be honest...a large part of that has to do with them being EVERYWHERE! And I get one free drink every 15 purchases...ok moving on.

Aroma Roasters. 
Santa Rosa, CA



A favorite of my Grandmother's as well, Aroma's has big bay windows with bar seats facing out into the square downtown. Delicious coffee, scrumptious treats and an ice cream bar in the back! No couches to be found here but the solid wood chairs, stools, and benches leave one in great shape after a long afternoon read. The cliental is also quite scenic with the artists, hippies, environmentally friendly, and musicians abounding. Obviously they have great taste too.

Note: Future customers, please clear your dishes or the staff will greet you just a tad bit cooler than the time before.


I <3 Coffee. 
Buena Park, CA

Never judge a book by it's cover...or a coffee shop by it's storefront. 
Fruit shaved ice.
Walking distance from my little college apartment, the lovely korean woman who owns and operates this place knew my boyfriend and I quite well after two years of frequenting her establishment. She will also hook you up with the BEST tea for a cold remedy. Our favorite treat? A small fruit shaved ice to share and two black coffees. Followed by a game of JENGA of course!

Note: This is a great place to take a group of friends to hang out and eat yummy things while playing a board game or two.


McClain's. 
Fullerton, CA
Sign from the front.
Sign from the back.
As Mallory already said, this was a favorite all through school and I went often. Open until the crack of dawn, wi-fi, couches, heated patio, and lots and lots of plugs w/ extension cords if necessary the only down sides are a) cash-only b) $1 (on pain of death) for internet and c) don't argue with HER. It's her place and you really don't want to be on her bad side. Still, the chili is amazing and if you dump your cappuccino all over the floor...she'll help you clean it up and make you a new one. But then again, that might just be because she liked me. I guess I'll never know.

Note: LEAVE A TIP! It's for your own good. I promise.


Coffee Klatch. 
San Dimas, CA

Despite the fact that this is the ONLY coffee shop (besides Starbucks) in San Dimas, it is quite charming. The coffee is delicious and my girlfriend Lorena visits regularly so I often end up swinging by during lunch or on my way home from work for a cup a' joe with her.

Note: No credit card transactions for less than $5 and the seating is only kind-of-comfortable.


The Night Owl. 
Fullerton, CA

Add caption
I'm sorry to the rest of the charming places listed above but this, currently, is my FAVORITE coffee shop. Darling and oh-so-comfortable chairs, unique mugs, free wi-fi, cute patio, delicious food, a variety of beverages including smoothies and shakes and teas and coffee, I will now be making my coffee trips in Fullerton to The Night Owl. Nice baristas, live music, I could go on and on!

Note: If you go, please call Mallorey and I so we can join you!


COFFEE LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment