Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Still A Dreamer

Once I was a little girl with big dreams. Then I grew up. Fell in love once or twice. Got lost in the whirlwind of life, school, work, and to-do lists. And something tells me it will only get busier from here on out.

But once I was a little girl with big dreams. Today I took some time to stop and remember what those dreams were. Who I was back then. What did that little girl who loved spending days at work with Dad really want? And then where in the last 15+ years did those dreams become replaced by different dreams? And what are they?

I hope to always have a dream that I am pursuing and fighting for but I also want to remember my old dreams. So when my little sister calls me for advice about boys and crushes I can remember what it was like to be 15 and like a boy. I hope to be able to remember it just as clearly when my daughter asks me the same things. And when my granddaughter asks...

It is a powerful thing to consider your dreams. And I don't just mean the ones you have while physically sleeping but the desires of your heart. Those things that when you actually take the time to sit and be with yourself (which, let's be honest, I am not good at doing) come into the forefront of your mind. What are you doing to accomplish those things? Are your priorities in a place to lead towards what you want? If you're not sure, list out the top few things you spend your time and money on as a reflection upon what your priorities are, and reconsider.

But maybe you're like me. Maybe you're at a crossroads and not exactly sure what you want or where you want to go from here. In that case, just remember. Remember that little girl (or boy) with big dreams. And the rest will come.


1 comment: